Marine radio course. VHF or HF $199 including exam cost of $89
Hi. If your doing the Master 24 metres, also called master 5 you need to
read the MARINE RADIO OPERATORS HANDBOOK below to prepare.
(with the sailboat)
Sections marked with a ball are the important points for HF or long range. Those for VHF are marked with diamonds.
For Coxswains read the MARINE VHF RADIO OPERATORS HANDBOOK below before the course.
We have both books in hard copy for loan or purchase
The radio course runs for one day every monday. There’s a practical assessment and written exam once your confident. passmark 70% marked externally at the OMC.
- Book into the next course
- Read the operators handbook below (the diamond marks are the important points for VHF and the circle icons are the HF important points.
- Or get a hard copy delivered
- Have a 2 hour minimum tutorial session. Bring a passport photo! Do the practice quiz until you are condident
- Sit the exam.
- The examination and licence fee $89 to Office of Marine Communication at AMC is included
- This get submitted to the AMC for marking and issue of your radio certificate, which gets posted to you.
- You need short range for Coxswain and Long range for Master 24
Marine radio gets you the training and licence to be legal to operate VHF and HF radios both privately and for Charter Boats. The names have changed this year.
MROCP is now LROCP – Long Range Operator Certificate of Proficiency.
MROVCP is now SROCP – Short Range Operator Certificate of Proficiency.