“What do I need for a Briefers Ticket?”
- Its a two day course we are approved by the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority to deliver. Its a legal and insurance requirement for anyone briefing customers for yacht charter to obtain a “ticket” from GBRMPA.
- Succesful completion of our course which is BSBCMM201 Communicate in the workplace along with the below criteria allows you to apply to the GBRMPA ofice in Townsville for this ticket. We give you all the info how to apply using the Form 3
- Coxswains minimum. We offer the exemption 38 which is a great way to commence your career. see courses.
- You need marine radio short range
- a sail qualification like one from Yachting Australia or complete both form 4 and 4A statutory declarations (We supply these. One you make the declaration of your experience and the other is for a supervisor)
- Staff doing Skeds need this ticket but do not require a coxswain
- You need to complete a briefing in the workplace to a satisfactory standard
- Read at minimum Part 1 of the Guidebook below
Introduction to Course and Centre
Marine Park Management
Responsible Reef Practices
Marine Safety and Emergency Procedures
Practicals, Vessel Visit and a Written Exam