14/121 Shute Harbour Rd Office centre, near bunnings
Job shop 180B Queen Street Ayr
HENDERSON PERTH CENTRE
Can I get study material before hand?
Yes. This will be emailed or on the website when advised.
What is the Certificate 3 Guarantee?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee supports eligible individuals to complete their first post-school certificate III qualification and increase their skills to move into employment, re-enter the workforce or advance their career.
Read the student fact sheet Cert 3 Guarantee Information
Are you eligible to participate?
The program is open to any Queensland resident aged 15 years or over who is no longer at school (with the exception of VET in Schools students) and is an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and on the pathway to permanent residency. Prospective students must not have or be enrolled in a certificate III level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training).
Want assistance with Language or reading?
Eligibility criteria for this See Programme assistance
You may be eligible for referral to the Skills for Education and Employment program if you are:
- of working age, 15 to 64 years of age and looking for full time work
- registered as an active job seeker with us, jobactive, Disability Employment Services or Remote Jobs and Communities Programme
- deemed suitable for training without any barriers that would prevent successful participation
- either an Australian Citizen or permanent resident, or have working rights in Australia, and
- receiving at least one of the following payments:
- Disability Support Pension
- Newstart Allowance
- Parenting Payment
- Partner Allowance
- Widow Allowance
- Widow B Pension
- Youth Allowance
- Special Benefit
Referral, assessment and training
When you first register as a job seeker, we will check your eligibility for the program. We are also able to check your eligibility at any time while you are registered as a job seeker. If you are eligible, we will organise a referral to a nearby training provider for a language, literacy or numeracy assessment.
The training is:
- 10 to 20 hours a week
- in small groups, in a friendly environment with other people who face difficulties with reading, writing and maths
- provided by professional staff with experience in teaching adult learners
- intended to make it easier for you to do things like fill in forms, write letters, prepare resumés and job applications
- developed to give you more confidence when looking for work
- available in your own home through distance education for carers and others who may have difficulty in attending face to face training